Becoming a Patient
- Call us to schedule an appointment with our front office staff at (860) 741-2541. Have your insurance information available so our office can pre-verify your coverage for you.
- Fill out our registration packet before your first appointment.
- If you experience trouble downloading this packet, please contact the office at (860) 741-2541 or email us at email@example.com
You should expect a comprehensive evaluation (that takes about an hour) that culminates in an explanation of your problem(s) and how they will be resolved. Physical Therapy treatment is very much 'hands-on' care that is customized to your needs. See our Frequently Treated Conditions tab for a listing of some conditions that can be helped by Physical Therapy.
Physical therapists can help improve or restore the mobility you need to gradually return to your normal activities and maximize your function. If you are looking for a possible alternative to surgery and/or pain medication, consider a physical therapist evaluation. A physical therapist will design a program specific to your problems and complaints to alleviate pain, improve function and/or build muscle strength and endurance. Physical Therapy techniques may include:
- Manual therapy/mobilization to improve or restore range of motion and/or decrease pain.
- Specific manual therapy techniques to optimize function.
- Active muscle techniques to improve alignment.
- Trigger Point Dry Needling
- Posture education to reduce stress on joints.
- Exercise to strengthen muscles or improve their function.
- Stretching to lengthen shortened tissues.
- Balance activities to improve upright posturing.
- Gait training to improve walking abilities.
- Instruction in exercises to perform at home.
- Lifting or movement mechanics instruction.
- Aquatic exercises to decrease swelling and pain and improve function.
- Balance retraining techniques.
- Heat, icing, ultrasound or electrical stimulation to promote healing and decrease pain.
- Education regarding your specific condition and ways to prevent it from returning.